Location: 2306 Merced St.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Position Type: Full Time
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Pasteurization Technology Group
Located in California’s San Francisco Bay Area, Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG) is a rapidly growing, venture capital-backed company that is revolutionizing the disinfection of wastewater. PTG’s systems feature its patented “two-for-one” technology that combines eco-friendly wastewater disinfection with the generation of renewable energy. PTG’s process is one of only a handful of technologies to pass the stringent standards of Title 22 in the state of California for the disinfection of water for reuse. PTG’s technology has also been officially recognized in the EPA’s influential Guidelines for Water Reuse.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with award-winning, innovative technology for water treatment and renewable energy.
Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG) is hiring a Director of Engineering to lead the mechanical engineering group. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for developing and implementing all of PTG’s products from concept, through design, and customer delivery and implementation. You will be responsible for leading the small but growing engineering team. We are looking for a motivated individual to take initiative from both the design and project execution sides. Some travel is required.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELCATION POSSIBLE.
- Lead the mechanical design efforts for PTG’s products. Work with other departments such as sales and marketing to bring new products from concept to implementation.
- Provide strong project management and leadership across a mult-vendor environement with customers in a variety of industries.
- Lead and mentor other mechanical engineers.
- Source and collaborate with engineering consultants, contract manufacturers, and parts vendors.
- Take products through engineering analysis and design validation testing phases using skills of both the internal and external resources.
- Collaborate and coordinate control systems and software engineers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive project schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment and manage teams to successful project completion full cycle.
- Experience leading mechanical design projects by leading internal teams and external vendors together to execute in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent project management skills as you will be simultaneously working on multiple projects for a growing number of customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be closely working with customers, suppliers as well as internal PTG teams.
- Ability and willingness to work hands-on.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a drive to get things done.
- Familiarity with water treatment technologies and Combined Heat & Power (CHP) systems.
- Experience with power generation and industrial boilers.
- Experience with startup companies desirable.
PTG has won numerous awards including the WEF Innovative Technology Award, the Katerva Award, the Artemis Top 50 Water Tech award, and the Popular Science “Best of What’s New” award. For more information, see http://pastechgroup.com, and follow us on Twitter (@PasTechGroup) and Facebook.